Buying a cheap laptop
Laptops are a great way of carrying around the equivalent of a PC in your bag. You can use them on the train, in restaurants and even on the sofa.The thought of wasting several hundreds of pounds on a computer that wasn’t right for you can be frustrating and worrying. So how can you be sure you are getting a good deal? And what should you look for in a cheap laptop?
Here below you can find 6 important things you should look for:1. Brand name. You can be sure that a brand laptop will be more expensive than a non branded laptop but you can be sure to get good quality too. Brands such as Dell or HP are renowned for good products and many people who are unaware of the ins and outs of laptops will generally opt for a brand.
2. Large hard drive. If you, like so many others, have a large amount of music or photos stored on your computer then you will need to look for a laptop that has a large hard drive.
3. A high speed processor. The size of the processor depends on how fast your computer will go. A high speed processor is a must, especially if you are intending to use your cheap laptop frequently.
4. RAM. Random Access Memory. By having at least 2meg of RAM you can be sure that your laptop will run fast. If you find your laptop is beginning to run slow you can buy extra RAM. This is a lot easier than adding RAM to a home PC as you simply lift up the keyboard.
5. Price. The price is key with many products in today economical climate. People feel they cannot afford luxuries such as laptops but that is merely because they are not looking in the right place. Companies such as www.europc.co.uk sell cheap laptops at as little as 149ex VAT.
6. USB ports. Because your laptop is not stationed in one particular place then you should be prepared for every eventuality. If you only have one USB port then the chances are you won’t have room for your printer, keyboard, mouse, usb stick and Bluetooth dongle. Ensuring you have more than 4 USB ports will mean you can fit most of your gadgets onto your laptop without fuss.
Finding the right laptop can be a gruelling process but you should be sure to research your products before investing. The next thing to do is to find a good site that sells not just laptops but other PC components as well. The last thing you want is to buy a laptop and not even be able to buy a bag to go with it from the same store. Check reviews and blogs on these websites. If they have articles or information on their products then they are genuinely interested in selling you a good product. Lastly you should compare the prices of the laptops. By taking the time to compare prices, you will be sure you are getting the best deal you can. So whether you are using the laptop as main computer or simply using it as a spare one for occasional use then you should get a good deal if you look in the right places.